Corsicana Divorce Attorney
Guiding Clients Through The Divorce Process in Navarro & Ellis County
"I have had the privilege of having Michael Crawford as an attorney with my divorce and again with modifications of child support. He provided me with legal advice and guidance during difficult and stressful situations. He will tell you exactly where you stand and the direction you should go. He represented me in the most professional manner, his ethics are of the highest standards. He is very intelligent, forceful when the situation calls for it, but is also thoughtful and compassionate. I highly recommend him on any matter."
— Lawanda, satisfied client
The decision to end a marriage is not made lightly. It is a stressful and emotionally wrenching time for all involved. Legal aspects of a divorce can seem confusing and burdensome. It is common for someone going through a divorce to hurry through the proceedings to get it over with.
In the process, they neglect important aspects of the division of assets and other key factors. Quality legal counsel during this time is vitally important for your future well-being. The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford can help you protect your future. We have two convenient locations in Waxahachie and Corsicana. Call now for a consultation with our divorce lawyers about your case.
Is It Worth Getting a Divorce Lawyer?
Surely it is worth getting a divorce lawyer for specific circumstances that include family concerns. It is recommended you should hire an attorney if:
- There are problems involving abuse
- Your spouse is vindictive and lies
- An attorney is retained by your spouse
- Your divorce includes a child or difficult financial problems
If you and your partner decide to end your marital relationship, we suggest reaching out to our Navarro & Ellis County divorce attorney for an uncontested divorce to make certain that your rights are protected and to help lower any tension of the divorce.
Is Texas a No-Fault State For Divorce?
Yes, Texas is considered a "no-fault" divorce state. This means that either spouse may file for divorce without having to prove that the other spouse was at fault for the dissolution of the marriage. Rather, the state of Texas allows for what is called "insupportability" as grounds for divorce, which is a term that is used to describe a marriage that is no longer sustainable due to irreconcilable differences. However, fault grounds such as adultery, cruelty, abandonment, and others can still be used in a divorce case in Texas to affect issues such as spousal support or property division.
Understanding the Divorce Process
Going through a divorce can be a complex and emotionally challenging process. At The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, PLLC, we understand the importance of providing our clients with a clear understanding of the divorce process. Our experienced divorce lawyers in Navarro & Ellis County will guide you through each step, ensuring that you are well-informed and prepared for what lies ahead.
Here is a general overview of the divorce process:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with our divorce lawyer to discuss your situation and goals.
- Filing the Petition: Our attorney will help you prepare and file the necessary documents to initiate the divorce process.
- Serving the Spouse: The spouse will be officially notified of the divorce by being served with the divorce papers.
- Response: The spouse has a certain amount of time to respond to the divorce petition.
- Discovery: Both parties exchange information and documents related to assets, debts, income, and other relevant matters.
- Negotiation: Our divorce lawyer will work with you to negotiate a fair settlement agreement, including child custody, property division, and spousal support.
- Mediation: If necessary, we can help facilitate mediation sessions to resolve any disputes and reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
- Court Proceedings: If an agreement cannot be reached, the case may proceed to court, where a judge will make decisions on unresolved issues.
- Finalizing the Divorce: Once all issues are resolved, the divorce can be finalized, and the court will issue a final divorce decree.
Throughout the entire process, our dedicated legal team will provide you with the support and guidance you need. We will protect your rights and advocate for your best interests, ensuring a smooth and fair divorce process.
For dependable family law experience and compassionate representation, contact The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, PLLC today. Our divorce lawyers are here to help you navigate this challenging time and secure a brighter future.
Contact our Corsicana divorce attorneys at the Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, PLLC, today!
Trusted Legal Counsel For a Variety Of Divorce Matters
If you are contemplating filing for divorce, whether contested or uncontested, you should consult with an attorney who is well-qualified in Texas family law. Perhaps your spouse has already filed for divorce, and you must respond, or perhaps you wish to pursue a legal separation and postpone divorce proceedings. Whatever the particulars of your case, The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford in Waxahachie and Corsicana can provide the clear guidance you need. Our established family law firm serves clients throughout Texas.
Why Hire The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, PLLC
Attorney Michael J. Crawford can work to get you the best outcome by:
- Identifying all assets to be divided
- Dividing all assets appropriately
- Ending the marriage properly
- Ensuring fair alimony, whether permanent or temporary, is awarded if any
- Settling issues such as child custody and visitation, and child support so as to prioritize the welfare of the child
Texas state law requires that a divorce outcome should support the best interest of the child. Mr. Crawford is committed to acting in your best interest and that of your child during all negotiations and court proceedings. Your parental rights and your child's best interest will go hand-in-hand when you have the Law Office of Michael J. Crawford on your side.
Contact The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, PLLC, today to get started on your case with our Corsicana divorce attorney.