Family Law Attorney in Navarro & Ellis Counties
Aggressive Representation to Fight for Your Future
The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford has a long history of dedicated representation of individuals and families in family law cases. We offer representation for a full range of family law matters, and we can advise and assist you with family law issues and child-related legal matters. With the right planning and preparation, you can make choices now that will help you in the future.
Family Legal Matters We Handle
You deserve the best chance at a prosperous future. At The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, we can help you understand the challenges you face and what to do to ensure your interests are upheld years down the road. It is never advisable to go it alone in family law concerns, as mistakes made now could have unforeseen consequences much later.
Our firm can help you with family law concerns such as:
- Property division
- Spousal support
- Child custody
- Child support
- Modification of court orders
- Enforcement of court orders
- Paternity actions
- Termination of parental rights
- Grandparents' rights
- Child custody by a family member or another adult who is not a child's parent
- DFPS (Department of Family and Protective Services) or CPS (Child Protective Services) cases
- Juvenile defense
Calculating Child Support
Child support is money paid by the noncustodial parent to the custodial parent for expenses related to the child. Texas law guidelines determine the amount of child support by using the amount of time each parent spends with the child and their income levels.
There are, however, other variables that can enter the court's child support determination. Attorney Crawford's extensive experience with award variables will produce the best outcome for your child.
Building Families through Adoption
If you are looking to complete your family by adopting a child, contact The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford for assistance with this complex matter.
Each of the following adoption scenarios has special requirements under Texas law:
- Domestic – When a child resides in Texas
- Interstate – When a child is from a state other than Texas
- International – When a child is from outside the U.S.
- Stepparent adoption – Where one stepparent adopts the child of the spouse
- Grandparent adoption – Where a grandparent is concerned about a grandchild living in an unsafe environment and has taken on a parental role (or seeks to do so)
The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford offers extensive experience and expertise in all types of adoption placements, whether agency or private, open or closed.
Enforcement Actions in Contempt
Because a divorce decree is a court order, noncompliance by either party can lead to legal enforcement activities.
These most commonly include:
- Nonpayment of child support
- Refusal to abide by visitation schedule
Early intervention by an attorney experienced in enforcement may avoid costly and unpleasant litigation, and instead focus on productive planning to resolve the issues.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
If you are contemplating divorce, child custody issues, or adoption, contact Attorney Michael J. Crawford for a consultation. He fights for his clients' rights and gets results. Let our team put our passion for family law at work to achieve the best outcome for you.