Waxahachie Theft Crimes Lawyer
Aggressive Defense for Theft Charges in Ellis County
The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford takes pride in its unwavering commitment to defending the rights of individuals facing theft crime charges in Waxahachie and throughout Texas. With a wealth of experience and a track record of success, our legal team stands ready to provide aggressive and strategic representation to safeguard your interests.
Call The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford today at (214) 903-7722 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our theft crimes attorney in Waxahachie!
Common Types of Theft Crimes
The realm of theft crimes is vast and varied, encompassing a range of offenses that can result in serious legal consequences. At The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford, we possess extensive knowledge and expertise in handling a spectrum of theft-related charges, including:
- Shoplifting: Stealing merchandise from a retail establishment can lead to criminal and civil penalties.
- Burglary: Unlawfully entering a building intending to commit theft or another crime results in burglary charges. The severity varies based on factors such as the type of structure and weapons involvement.
- Robbery: Distinguished by using force, intimidation, or threat during theft, robbery is a serious offense with significant consequences.
- Auto Theft: Taking a vehicle without consent is a serious crime that can result in imprisonment and fines.
- Identity Theft: Unauthorized use of another person's personal information for financial gain has become a pressing concern with the rise of digital transactions.
- Employee Theft: Employees engaged in theft or embezzlement may face criminal charges, often involving complex financial transactions.
Our experienced Waxahachie theft crime lawyers understand the nuances of each theft offense. They are well-equipped to build a robust defense tailored to the specific circumstances of your case.
What are the Penalties for Theft Crimes in Texas?
Texas treats theft crimes seriously, with penalties varying based on the value of the stolen property and specific circumstances. Convicted individuals may face:
- Fines: Ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on the offense's severity.
- Imprisonment: Length determined by the stolen property's value and aggravating factors.
- Restitution: Required compensation for stolen property or damages.
- Probation: Instead of imprisonment, with specific conditions to adhere to.
- Permanent Criminal Record: Long-lasting consequences affecting employment and personal relationships.
Timely legal representation is crucial to explore potential defenses and mitigate penalties for those facing theft charges.
Defenses Against Theft Crime Charges
An effective defense is crucial when confronting theft crime charges. Our Waxahachie theft crimes lawyers excel in crafting strategies to challenge the prosecution. Potential defenses include:
- Lack of Intent: Challenging the prosecution's ability to prove intent to steal, especially in mistaken identity or misunderstandings.
- Mistaken Identity: Casting doubt on the accuracy of eyewitness identifications, recognizing their potential unreliability.
- Insufficient Evidence: Identifying weaknesses in the evidence presented, creating doubt in the case.
- Duress or Coercion: Establishing that theft occurred under threat or coercion, potentially mitigating charges.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Challenging unlawful actions by law enforcement to render evidence inadmissible.
Facing theft crime charges can be a daunting experience, but with The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford by your side, you can trust in our commitment to securing the best possible outcome for your case. Our Waxahachie theft crimes lawyers bring experience, dedication, and strategic prowess to each defense. If you or a loved one is confronting theft charges, contact us today for a confidential consultation. We are ready to fight for your rights and provide the vigorous defense you deserve.
Contact The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford today to schedule a meeting with our theft crimes lawyer in Waxahachie!